Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stray Is Now An Angel

It is with a very sad heart that I must say that the shelter euthanized the wonderful boy I found last week.  I went to see him Tuesday after work and was told he had heart worms.  When I got home that night I asked friends if they knew of anyone who did rescuing so they might be able to save this boy.  One of my friends friends gave me hope.  She tagged a whole bunch of people the next morning trying to find a foster for him.  I offered a donation to a rescue who could take him.  I got word from the shelter that afternoon that they had euthanized him that morning.  I guess when they have medical issues and no one interested, they are the first ones to go.  Even now, I still can't talk/think about him without starting to cry again so I'm going to leave it at this. Rest in peace big guy.  I know you won't be in pain wandering the streets, or likely to be hit by a car.  I love you big guy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I hope you have been having a gentle weekend. I know this one broke your heart. You truly did the best you could for him by even getting him off the street. Sam

    ReplyDelete