Saturday, November 9, 2013

Birthday, Bed and a Visitor

Hope everyone had a great week!

It seemed like a long one for me since I had to work a full week for the first time in two weeks.  Thankfully I can sneak out early.

This past Wednesday it was 7 years ago that we adopted Lucas.  We don't know his birthday so I consider that his birthday so he is about 9 years old now.  I really can't believe how time flies by.  I try not to think about it and enjoy every day I have with my wonderful boy.


Little Rosie stopped by for a visit with her dad on Thursday.  It was really great to see her.  At first she seemed to have calmed down a bit, but then she got going with Holly and it was non-stop until she left.  Boy when she's around Holly all she wants to do is play with her.  Holly enjoys it at the beginning, and then I think she cringes after awhile, lol.  A dose of her own medicine I tell her.  Here's a quick second shot of the three dogs sitting, Rosie being on the left.


Today I dragged my husband shopping with me.  Found a Kirklands not too far and bought Patches a bed.  They had a really, really soft regular open bed which I loved because it was so soft, but all I though of was Lily puking on it and me having to wash it a dozen times because of her doing that, so the tent I bought.  I know Lily won't go in this.  Lily has her certain spots around the house and I have many little blankets and throws all around for her to lay on so if it does get puked on it's very easy to clean and wash and won't get ruined.


Well I'm off for the night.  Tomorrow is our anniversary.  We will be married 22 years!  That is another one I can't believe we made it that long!  Anyone tells you marriage is a piece of cake, kick them in the shin.  Sure, you love the other person, but marriage takes work, it takes commitment, and you have to work on it all the time. 

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I have never been married, but lived with a guy for 10 years and yup, it took work. I hope you guys do something fun and celebrate you made it as long as you have. :)

    Holly looks like she is played out in that photo. Ha! And happy birthday Lucas! It is always a happy day for me to hear about a more "senior doberman." They just don't get to live long enough for me.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 22 tear anniversary! I was married at 17 years old and am still married to the same man 30 years later. Yes, it does take a lot of work! Great tent for the pup's!!!

    ReplyDelete