Saturday, November 2, 2013

Live Oak

Well I had a really nice time on my little mini-vacation last week.  I really enjoyed the time I spent catching up with wonderful friends, and who I still can consider family.

The drive wasn't too bad.  When I went up I stopped in Gainesville and ate lunch with my first best friend I ever had, Mary.  That drive took 4 hours.  There really isn't much of anything on the way there to look at and the traffic wasn't too bad, even in the Orlando area.  We actually have rolling hills in Florida. I didn't take too many pictures but here's a couple of the drive.


 
 
 
Then the next stop was Live Oak where I spent time with her parents and her sister Suzanne and her family.  We didn't do much of anything which didn't matter to me.  I enjoyed hanging around.  Friday we took a ride to Valdosta, Georgia to go do some shopping.  The drive to Valdosta was nice and only took about an hour.  That was about the only thing we really went out and did.  They showed me their small town of about 6,000 people and their business they own.  It was a nice little town.  Saturday on the way home I stopped back by Mary's then came home.  Of course on the way home you want to get home faster, so I might have had a little lead in my foot.  Had a nice drive home too.  I couldn't have had better weather the entire time.  Plus it was a lot cooler up there than down south so I really enjoyed that! 
 
My first best friend

 Mary's mom. I spent a lot of time with her
and I really enjoyed it.
 
One of Suzanne's outside cats. Reminded
me of my Patches.

So many lily pads
 
The roads were filled with trees with moss.

One of many huge oak trees.
 


3 comments:

  1. It is crazy for me to see photos of sun right now! Yesterday was pretty much dark, rainy, and very windy out here. I love all the photos from a part of the world I just haven't seen. All the tree-lined street photos are wonderful. I hope your vacation was a nice reset. Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a much needed get-away! I think I need to do this more often because I really started to feel burned out at work not getting any time 'away'. Come visit our sunny (and warm) weather! :-)
      Linda

      Delete
    2. If I ever come to Florida I will let you know. :)

      Delete