Sunday, December 15, 2013

Time is Flying

Hope everyone has been well!  Time has just been flying by!

Lily has been doing well.  I've been getting her fluids every week.  Next week I'm going in to the vet and I'm determined to have them show me how to do give her the fluids without being nervous that I hurt her, at least sticking the needle into her.  I can handle an insulin sized needle, but this needle is much larger.  I know it will be easier for her, and me, to do it at home.  She seems to be doing about the same, no worse, and if anything slightly better.  I know the fluids have helped her.  Maybe the medicine is helping too, I don't know.  I know the medicine won't reverse it though.  I'm thankful for every day I have with her.

Since it's getting closer to the year end, I've been packing up paperwork at the office for a years worth of bookkeeping.  I loathe this time of the year and wonder why I'm still there after doing this job for 7 years now.  I've been there for 18 years but have been doing the bookkeeping for 7.  I sort of 'inherited' the job after the last person retired.  Not something I wanted to do but figured I'd try it especially since it pays much better.  Let's just say I'd rather do what I was doing.  I really need to kick my husbands gear into saving some more money so I can find something else.  My dream would be to have my own business but I have no idea what type of business.  I've basically been running their business for 7 years on my own as neither boss is capable of actually doing anything.  I'm tired of running someone else's when I could run my own.  I need to put a thinking cap on for ideas.  Here's some of my packing at work.
 


Holly is the only dog I know that doesn't like french fries.  She only likes nasty stuff to eat.
 
 
 
Here's Lily, Holly, and Lucas all watching dad one morning this week before work.  Funny picture.

 
 
 
Lucas riding in the back of dads truck. We had to drop him off yesterday for a cardio work up because he has a heart murmur.  Hoping for no bad results next week.



One day on the way home from work this week. Thought the clouds looked neat.
 
 
The shelter didn't have their Christmas photos this year so needless to say I didn't have any done this year which basically lead to no cards.  I know, I'm terrible.  I was waiting for the shelter to do them and they always do them at the beginning of December.  Well they didn't and know I don't feel like rushing to get any done anywhere else.  The rescue guy where we adopted Lucas and Holly from might be stopping by today, and if he does he will be bringing his Santa suit to dress up in so we can take pictures then.  Of course they won't be professional pictures, but I'll take anything.
 
 
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. Bookkeeping is tedious isn't it? It can be the same thing for weeks and weeks on end. When I did bookkeeping it was nice that it wasn't my only responsibility. I would LOVE to start my own business, although more and more I am aware how hard it would be. I always wanted to do a quilt shop/yarn shop with a cafe attached. Can you imagine the inventory nightmare? And I wish I could do something to dogs like dog training or something. I am just not really good enough yet. Anyway, I know the feeling of wanting to do your own thing.

    My doberman rescue didn't do their Christmas pictures either! I just did a Santa photo of Nim at a Doberman Specialty agility event so we will see how that goes.

    I wondered how Lily was doing. Let me know how the fluids thing goes and sorry to hear about the murmur for Lucas! I am getting pretty close to doing Nim's first ultrasound and holter. Don't love the heart stuff.

    And no, I don't know any dog or person that doesn't eat french fries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also run a small warehouse distributorship for the same business, but I still feel like it's time for a change. I deal with the same people as it is a franchise. I think your shop would be perfect for you! Maybe you can start through internet just with the yarn/quilt part, then once you get enough, purchase the storefront then. Out where I live there are a lot of home based businesses. Just went to one Friday for copy services. A Facebook friend recently started her own business training dogs. She also does pet sitting/walking, her website is lovewagsatail.com. She also makes fleece pull toys and holiday collars on the side. You could do a little bit of everything to supplement yourself and see what works best. You'll do it!

      I hope we can see the Santa photo when you get it. :)

      Linda

      Delete
  2. Of course it is time for a change. I think we just get scared because the job market just isn't that great right now and we need the financial security. I don't know what Florida is like, but it hard to find steady employment for me right now. The inventory aspect of yarn/quilt shops gives me serious pause. I have watched way too many of them fail. I have totally thought about more formal dog training, sitting, and walking. I actually need a much better house for it and I just don't have it right now. I only take in the occasional friend's pets. I will totally show you the photo. I am curious how it turned out myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome picture of the clouds!!! I'm always looking at the sky. Once I drove right past my husband on the side of the road. He needed a ride but I was to busy looking at the sky to notice him. Good luck in finding the change that is right for you! It sounds like you have a lot of experience running a business! Last year I didn't send out Christmas cards, just didn't have the time. I did send them this year. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love those clouds. Someone else told me they looked like angels.
      That's pretty funny about passing right by your husband!

      Delete