Sunday, January 5, 2014

Holidays Come and Gone

Boy as fast as they come, you don't seem to have enough time for them.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and safe New Year!  We had our family up for Christmas Eve and then for Christmas day.  It was a quiet one this year.  My brother-in-law didn't have his kids this year and they are the only young ones at the holiday.  All our other nephews and niece are 17 and older.  My sister and niece also didn't come this year.  We had a nice time with everyone though.  Here's my kids pictures with Santa this year.  They've never had one done with Santa before. 





New Years Eve...well, I made it until about 10:30 then woke up about 12:30.  Lucas stayed in the closet all night but he seemed to do well in there.  Poor old guy.
 
 
Here's Holly with a tiger toy that Grandpa brought up for her.  She loves her little toys and actually saves them longer than usual. 
 
 
 
I still can't believe we're in the new year already!  Work is making me pull my hair out.  Last week I had a problem downloading the new taxes from the program site.  That really stressed me out because I had to do that before I did my payroll.  Thankfully it was fixed late Monday afternoon and I finally got all the payroll done.  Now my mind keeps going in circles just thinking of all the stuff I have to do for the month, quarter, and year end stuff.  I really hope this is my last year doing this. 
 
 
Soon I am going to somehow help start raising funds for Lucas' and Holly's rescue so he can purchase a new van.  He's had 2 vehicles that he has used and one finally took its last leg last year, and the one he is using now is barely making it without breaking down.  It's kind of hard as he is the only person for his rescue.  He usually has anywhere from 12-20 fosters.  He does a lot of transporting and that's why it's necessary for him to have a reliable vehicle.  He goes from Orlando to Miami picking up Dobermans not only for his own rescue but for other rescues too.  He sent me a picture that one of his previous adopters' 13 year old daughter drew so he could auction it off for funds.  I bought a frame yesterday for it.  Here's a picture of it. (the white is the Styrofoam around the edges of the frame as I haven't opened it yet)  This little girl has such talent and I'm hoping someone will cherish it, as I know I would.
(I tried like 5 times to flip this picture and I can't get it to turn right.  I'm stopping trying before I hit my computer, lol.)
 
I also bought a few things on eBay,  a magnetic writing board for the fridge, a pen, and sticky notes...all with a Doberman on them.  I was going to save this as maybe a little prize for a photo contest or something.  I still haven't thought it all out.  I was trying to enlist the help of another adopter so hopefully she can help come up with some ideas. 
 
 
Well back to full weeks of work starting tomorrow, and I think school starts again.  It was nice with the lighter traffic without school.  All good things must come to an end.  Hope everyone has a great week!!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OK, first of all - I can't believe that is a drawing!

    I loved that I was able to see all the Christmas photos even bigger. My cats would have decided that their lives were other at that point.

    I have total been where you are with the tax updates not downloading. A few years ago there was some 11th hour tax decision that the government couldn't get done and so the payroll was released and then I had to adjust in the following cycle. Annoying.

    Do you guys have a specific auction planned or another event you can piggyback on? By the way, Zeus is heading our way. I really wish I was better set-up for fosters.

    ReplyDelete