Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cats, Dogs and Halloween

Hope everyone had a great Halloween! I took the day off and spent most of it watching Halloween and other scary movies. Mostly older ones which are great to watch. I did do some of my house chores in between to I didn't have to do too much on the weekend. Hubby was wonderful and brought home a delicious chocolate cake. Worth every one of the 3 pounds I gained!






Lucas went in for a re-check yesterday. We had x-rays done to compare to the last ones. There is definitely improvement with the antibiotics he's on. Our plan is to keep him on them for another 4 weeks then re-check with another set of x-rays. The vet will tell us then if we should still do the BAL test. I'm just so thankful he's acting like himself once again. He is having more problems with his arthritis in his hips so I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and maybe see if we can get him on something a little more stronger than the usually glucosamine/chondroitin tablets. I really wanted to avoid any other medicines but he is really struggling lately. This week will be 8 years since we adopted him. We estimate he is 10 years old. It's so hard to watch them get older.





Yesterday we opened all the windows and sliders as it was the first nice day to do so since the beginning of the year. My two chicken cats didn't even want to go out on the porch at first. Then I couldn't get them back in once they did. They love it out there. The picture is of them check out the "new cat" on the porch. Gomez was so funny. He was stretching his whole body to get a sniff of it, then he realized it was not a real kitty. Silly cats!







Here's one of Gomez and Holly. Gomez was laying on the bed and Holly laid next to him. This lasted a whole 10 seconds. Gomez wasn't trilled with her so close.





Here's Holly sleeping with her new Pug toy.





Well I hope everyone has a great week coming up! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I love seeing everyone. How is Lucas doing? I really need to elevate Nim's eating station. He doesn't have arthritis that I know of, but he looks visibly uncomfortable eating on the ground. He is just too big of a dog. I hope all is well. Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is good with Lucas. I just updated. Forgot to mention he goes back in about 2 weeks for another re-check on his lung x-rays. I hope you're doing well my friend! Going to check out your blog now. :)
      Linda

      Delete