Sunday, April 19, 2015

Waiting

It's been a fairly quiet week. Had a recheck on my dental implants. All looked good, as per the doctor, and I go back in 2 weeks.


Last week I received an email from the University of Florida. This is a copy of the email:
                 
"Thank you for bringing your dogs to participate in our Screening Clinic.
Due to the large number of affected dogs that we identified during screening, we are calling back some of the normal dogs to increase the number of dogs in our control group. We would like to see Holly again.
We are offering a free PDK4 genetic test and if the test comes back negative we will perform a free Holter exam.
You will need to agree with the biopsy before we can schedule Holly.
If you agree to participate we will send you a cheek swab for you to collect sample and send back to us for the genetic test.
If it comes back negative we will send a Holter to your local veterinarian to place on Holly and you send back to us after 24 hours. Everything including shipping is free of charge if you decide to participate."

It's actually quite sad that so many are diagnosed positive. They are sending us a swab stick next week, then go from there. We will have to bring her back up to Gainesville one more time. I had to make sure hubby wanted to go. He said he would. If for some reason he can't, I'd just make it an overnight trip.


Here's Lucas at work with me last week. I've been getting laser therapy treatment on him for a few months now just to help him some with arthritis. She's been coming to my work since it's closer to her.





Holly has a habit of sitting in our bathroom window waiting until her daddy comes home. I usually only get an inside shot. This time I quick ran outside around the house and did an outside shot. Whenever we drive home we can see her in the window. When she sees us, she jumps down and goes back and forth between two other windows. She cracks me up.





Last night I watched "The Conjuring". Every time I watch a scary movie lately, I expect something to bang on the window or start slamming doors. At least I didn't have nightmares this time.

Well I'm off to do whatever I need to do today. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The Conjuring was a nuts movie! I had to skip some parts.

    Let me know how your swab goes. I am curious what they consider negative. Nim is Heterozygous for the gene. It is a terrible disease and is almost what made me leave the breed. With rescue I think you get away from it a little bit, but too many Dobermans are still bred now for show primarily.

    I am glad to hear of anyone actively working on a solution. Hope your weekend has been great! Sam

    ReplyDelete