Friday, August 31, 2012

After the storm

Well we didn't get much of Tropical Storm Isaac's wind, but we did get about 15" of rain in our area. Thankfully only our yard was flooded and we didn't have any on our street or in our house. A lot of other people in the western community weren't as lucky. Houses got flooded, and a majority of people couldn't leave their homes because of the water levels. The worse was on Monday, and on Thursday a majority of the water was off of our property. Yet again, others are not as lucky as there are still some stranded. Then I watch the news and see what Louisiana is going through yet again, and I count my blessings. I hope those people have the strength to clean up and build again. I don't think I could do that more than once.

This is one side of our yard. It's about 3/4 of the way gone now.


My little Holly girl was funny the way she trotted around in the water. I think she's
the first dog I've owned that actually likes the water. She still chased cars along the
fence through it.
 
 
 Brought my boy Lucas to work a couple times this week.
This is his pathetic look, as in why did you stop petting me mom.
 
 
Well I hope everyone has a very nice, long weekend off.

No comments:

Post a Comment