Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ballot, Tree Bark, & Snoozing

Today I filled out my sample election ballot, about 98% finished. I figured it would take me awhile to go through, especially the amendment questions since you can't even figure out what the heck they're stating. I'm taking a couple vacation days this week and will be doing early voting. Can't wait until the election is over and all this junk mail, commercials, and phone calls cease.

I was outside walking around the yard this afternoon with the dogs. I noticed all this pine tree bark on the ground. Haven't seen so much on the ground before, but it's been real windy the past few days. I started looking at it and think I can find some kind of craft to do with it. You can kind of peel some layers off to make it thin or thick, and the shapes are kind of unique. I'll have to look around on the internet for something.

I actually have a Facebook friend sending me some Fall shaped leaves as someone posted a link to do a craft by using mod podge and putting them on glass jars then inserting a candle. It looked neat and easy enough to do. I figured I'd get the jars at the Salvation Army. They always have a lot there. I just don't have Fall leaves down.

My one cat Lily has been using the dogs bed as her sleeping spot lately. I caught her snoozing next to Lucas today.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I swear dog beds are for the cats.:)

    I hear you on the phone calls! I don't get cable thankfully, but the calls have been relentless. I wonder if there is any study that it actually works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt they work. I just hang up before they even start. And the junk mail goes right in the garbage.

      Delete