Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sleeping, Skeleton, & Stepping Up

I took this picture the other week of three sleeping beauties that I just had to share. It's like a chain of snorers.


This is Holly and her tennis ball.


Friday I bought myself a set of electric hedge trimmers. I've always used a small handheld clipper (as seen in the picture) but I swear my hedges grow 2 feet in one week with some good rain. My back just can't take clipping it like I normally do. I have to say I do not like using electric tools in any way, shape, or form. They just scare me for some reason. After I got used to the trimmers, I was having fun, and I only cut the cord once lol! I don't really like the way they hack my bushes so I still touched it up with my small clippers. These hedges, which are really called Kings Mantle plants, are the only thing that has lived in my yard besides the Australian Pines. I just don't have a green thumb and I wish I did. The clippers on the left is what I used to use, now I have the one on the right.



And now I better get myself off this computer as I need to cut 9 yards of fleece material so I can make some fleece rope toys for the shelter. This usually takes at least 2 days to do, so hopefully I'll have them done next weekend.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Enjoy your Sunday!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your fleece toy making went well (I know someone else that does those).

    Cute photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the material cut, don't think I'll finish braiding them until next week though. That's another back breaker the way I bend over to do them :)

      Delete