Saturday, April 6, 2013

Overflow!

Well let's see.  Got up, took a shower to go out and get a little shopping done.  Went into my other bathroom and seen the toilet water looked high or low.  Actually I couldn't tell because I didn't have my glasses on and I feel like I'm becoming so darn blind lately.  So I flushed the toilet.  Toilet overflow!  Instead of turning it off, I yelled for the hubby.  By that time it stopped overflowing.  Luckily it was clear water, if you know what I mean.  Well as clear for a toilet as can be.

Long story short, after several attempts my hubby finally called the plumber.  Turns out we need the septic tank pumped.  Almost $900 later I decided to go do my shopping before they came out because I was already stressed, and I had to go to the bathroom. :)  So I left hubby to do the dirty duty.

It's so funny because whenever I have plans to go out and get some stuff I've been needing, not nothing expensive or anything, something like the septic tank expense comes up and I usually end up putting my shopping excursion off.  Well I said pfffttt!  I went and spent my $50 on my stuff I needed.  It actually felt good too!  I always put myself last, but I think I'm going to start changing that a little. 

Now I'm sitting here waiting for this septic pump truck to come, after they should have been here 2 hours ago, so I can start some laundry and try and wash the floor once again to clean up Lucas' leaky faucet.  Everything is delayed now and the later it gets the more interest I'm going to lose into doing anything around this house today.  Guess I can go finish cutting the other 9 yards of material I have for dog toys.  I actually did finally cut the first 9 yards about 2 weeks ago and it's still sitting on the table. 

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I just had my septic done!

    I am glad you did some shopping for you. With no employment and living on savings right now I don't want to spend a cent on me. Meanwhile Nim has acupuncture, etc...lol. What we won't do for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I usually spend everything on my kiddos. I usually put off my own doctor appointments too just to deal with the vets first, except for a few that I just can't. My kiddos always come first in my book. :)

      Delete