Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pooches and Plants

My plant seems to be hanging in there. It's creeping up the trellis pretty good and doesn't show signs of dying yet. That's always a good thing in my yard.



This was Lucas at my work one day this week.  I only took him twice this week.  He's been trying to get over a bout of diarrhea for the last two weeks so I wanted him to rest at home some.  I think this medicine he's on is messing with his system.  Poor guy.
 
 
 
This is Holly keeping me company in the bathroom.  One is never alone in this house with either a dog or cat that will accompany you into the bathroom.





We're starting to get back into the afternoon thunderstorms I believe which means summer is just about here, although it already feels like it to me.  I tried to beat this one home to let the dogs outside before the sky broke loose, but I didn't make it.  Thankfully hubby got home before me and let them out before it started.
 
 
 
I'm actually starting on my dog toys again.  I braided one stack (11 toys) today.  I figured if I do a stack a day and try to stick to it, I could get these things done and out of here hopefully in 2 weeks.  Next Saturday I plan on going down to see my parents so that doesn't count those 2 days as I'll be behind in house stuff like laundry and cleaning.  Plus I still have to cut 9 more yards of material which usually takes me a couple of hours.  I know 11 toys doesn't sound like a lot, and it isn't.  I can tell you that my back feels it though just from doing those.  I'm determined to get them done.  I've put them off too long and those dogs need them.
 
 
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend.  Don't work too hard if you can help it.  Enjoy!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Ah Holly, I have seen those ears before. :)

    You storm system is crazy?! During the summer do they become a daily event? That would be something to live with. Do you get rain too or just all the noise?

    That is great you were so productive on the dog toys.

    You had to sneak that photo in on Lucas. :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once it starts to stay warm it seems we get them a lot in the afternoon. There have been some years in the past where we seem not to get so many, but that's unusual. Usually get thunder and lightning with the rain but not always. Some of them scare the crap out of me when they're bad. You can always count on it to start right before you leave work too :)

      Hope you have a great week!!

      Delete
    2. Crazy. That would be something else. I think about how loud some of our can get! But nothing like the occurrences you have in Florida.

      Soon I will call it a night. :)

      Delete
  2. That is great to make toys for the dogs! You will have to post pictures so we can see what they look like.

    ReplyDelete