Friday, April 5, 2013

Lonely Day

Today was the first day I didn't take Lucas to work with me in about 3 weeks.  I had something to do after work and unfortunately he wouldn't be welcome where I was going.  It was quite unusual without him there after him being there every day.  He's nice company, except for the barking when someone knocks on my door.  I even decided to just block him in my office so when I open the door he can see who it is so I don't have to hold his collar (so he doesn't run out the door), but sometimes he'll bark at the person.  The person is usually a deliver person.  Don't know what it is with them delivery people, he just likes to bark at them. 

Tuesday we had another follow-up with the neurologist with Lucas.  We go back on the 23rd and she will start him on Prednisone.  She wanted to wait until then as I just started Lucas on an incontinence medicine to help with his leaky faucet issue.  Both doctors are still not sure if it is associated with his retained testicle (testosterone) that was removed, or with his age.  If it has to do with testosterone it might go away in a couple of months.  Of course if it's with age if probably won't go away and he'll need to stay on the medicine then.  We'll keep our fingers crossed for the testosterone.  I'm hoping he will learn how to play right with other dogs soon too instead of pissing them off.  My little tough guy he is.

Thursday Lucas had his staples removed.  The vet said everything looked good.  There's one spot that's a little funky looking but because it's in a crease of his belly when he lays down.  It seems to be taking longer to heal right.  Other than that it looks good to me. 

I was supposed to get a mammogram done next week.  They wanted me to do a 6 month mammogram because of my needle biopsy last year.  With my insurance mammograms are free so I didn't have a problem with that.  Well they confirmed my appointment today and told me I had a $300 copay.  I told them my insurance covers it.  They said that I was getting a "diagnostic mammogram" not a "routine mammogram" and that makes the difference.  So basically now I'm screwed because every mammogram I supposedly have from now on will be a diagnostic mammogram because of the biopsy, even though everything came back normal.  I was so peeved I just canceled the appointment.  I will wait until I go to my primary doctor and see if there is any way around that otherwise I will not be going to get one done unless I feel some kind of pain or something.  If I would have known this last year before I had the biopsy done, I wouldn't have had it done.  I had a feeling it was nothing and even the doctor said he thought it would be benign but he wanted to do it to make sure because of my moms history.  I'm so done with doctors.  Unfortunately I have an ENT appointment in 2 weeks for my acid reflux. 

I think about my friend Barbara who passed away last December just about every day.  I've been missing her a lot lately. 

Well enjoy your weekend everyone, wherever you are!  Here's a few pictures to leave you...


Lucas watching me eat breakfast at work.
 
 
Lucas bored at my work.
 
 
Lucas getting loving from Grandpa on Easter.
 
 
Besides our bedroom, this is the only other piece of carpet
in our house.  Holly loves sitting on it.
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Good morning -

    I bet you do miss Barbara a lot. Maybe there was even something about this time of year for you both? That would be hard to lose someone so young and even though time goes by, it really hasn't been that long! Do you keep in contact with her husband? My memory was that she had some dogs too. Do you know how they are doing?

    I would have cancelled that mammogram appointment as well. That is just too much. Ironically it is the exact same procedure I am sure, regardless of how it is termed.

    I bet Lucas wondered why he wasn't at work?!

    Have a great weekend. It is pouring out here. Absolutely cold, pouring rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning!
      I don't keep in touch with her husband, and I keep telling myself to call him but I don't know what to say. She does have 2 beagles, and I always wonder about them too. I will call him.

      We do certain routines in the morning before work, and Lucas actually knew he was staying home Friday, funny boy. I sure did miss him.

      I hope the weather clears up for you. It's a beautiful day here with slightly cooler temps this morning.

      Delete
    2. Oh, definitely call him. I bet he is out of sorts too and I think it is OK to say you don't know what to say. I bet he knows you were a close friend and totally missing her.

      It is POURING. Like squalls. :)

      Delete