Sunday, March 23, 2014

On For Thursday

Another week down. Hope everyone had a good week and is enjoying their weekend!


Well I have a set appointment for my dental implant and periodontal surgery this coming Thursday. I'm not too nervous yet but I know I will be. I think I'm more nervous about what I'll have to deal with after the fact. If it was just the implant I think I could handle it much better, but not both. I think I'm going to be quite cranky for awhile. Will let you all know how it goes.


I went down to see my parents yesterday. I figured I'd go because I didn't tell my mom about my dental appointment as she would be asking me 500 times about it and how I'm doing, so that way she wouldn't see my actually mouth until probably Easter. I took them to Sears as my dad wanted to get a new mattress and box spring. I did a little shoe shopping while he looked at mattresses. I found one pair of sandals. I need to find more.


On the way home from my parents I dropped his old mattress off at a rescue who uses them for her elderly Dobermans. Much better support then dog beds, and it did only smell like an old person (lol) with nothing else wrong with it.


Holly wasn't feeling well last weekend so had my hubby take her to the vet. They took x-rays as she wouldn't put her tail up and when you tried, it bothered her. They showed she was full of poop and that she had 3 discs that were close together at her hind end. I know the poop really wasn't causing the problem as she is very consistent with her habits. So we had her on a stool softener for a couple days (just in case) and Rimadyl. Every day her tail has come up a little more. I'd say she's almost make to normal. She finally wags like she always does, but I feel like she's not 100% yet. I have I believe another 4 or 5 more days of meds but I believe she'll be fine. I think she hurt herself as my neighbor had stopped in front of our house with his dog the night before she wasn't feeling well, and this is the dog next door who she hates for some reason. She got herself all worked up while he was there so we put her in the house. But she does run all over, and I believe that's what irritated her back end. Girls.


Well I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday! I'm off to finish my laundry which I didn't accomplish yesterday. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I hope your surgery went "well!" I was thinking of you yesterday. Sam

    ReplyDelete