Saturday, March 29, 2014

Made It...So Far!

Hey there! Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! I love saying that, Saturday. It reminds me another day off until work.


Well I had part of my dental procedure done Thursday. I had the periodontal surgery done on my upper jaw. I had my one tooth pulled that will have the implant. They put bone implants in 5 places, including the one getting the implant. He said there was so much bone loss that he is waiting to put the implant in, I think he mumbled a couple months. I am NOT overjoyed about that as I have to wear this annoying 'flipper tooth' for that amount of time. This 'flipper tooth' is a temporary tooth that I have to take in and out. It basically snaps in, by ways of the back of the teeth along with a formation of the roof of my mouth that goes in too, which is the most annoying part. I can't speak right with it in. I can't eat with it in. So right now I have a lisp type speech and I'm basically eating soft foods like noodles, eggs, soup until I go back a week from Monday to get the stitches out. Then I think I can graduate to more normal food but I'll have to take the 'flipper tooth' out to eat when I do. It won't really affect me because we don't really go out to eat. The pain was a throb after it was done, and the next day it wasn't as bad. But I'm very sore when I stretch open my mouth and it still feels kind of numb on the one side he removed the tooth on. That side the gum is still really swollen. I cannot wait to get this over and done with, but it probably won't be complete for at least 6 months I'd say, if not longer. I am happy the tooth is gone. Having that abscess for so long, it was a relief once it was gone.


I saw this collar a Facebook friend posted. She makes them. Now neither of my really wear them, I use harnesses on them, but I still buy them usually the nylon collars with holiday themes on them. I love this collar though. So now I need to start saving money and hopefully in about a month I can order it. It's on her website called Pritty Petz.


Earlier this month I had bought Lily a beautiful new bowl feeding station. I haven't tried to upload pictures yet but here is a link to the Mosaic Pet Feeding Station with pictures of it. I love it. Can't say Lily has noticed a difference though lol!


Husband went down for a nap about an hour ago. His Saturday ritual. I made him take the dogs with him, and thankfully Lily isn't walking around yelling right now.


Well I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I'm off to catch up on some recorded shows from the past 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I loved looking at the collars! I think my cats would be confused by the feeding station. That almost made me want to order a new collar though. Poor Nim, I wouldn't hesitate to put flowers on him.

    Your poor jaw! I just can't imagine going through surgery like that. :(

    ReplyDelete