Saturday, April 26, 2014

Glad the Week is Done

Well here is yet another week gone. I have to say it's been a rough week and I'm glad it's over with. I had to put my other kitty Lily to sleep on Tuesday. The week before she stopped eating so we went in for a check-up. Just had one a few weeks ago but I didn't have any blood work done because she was doing well, so we did blood work and urinalysis. Ever since her kidney disease diagnosis last year she has been going down hill and I knew it wouldn't be long before she would be gone. Her blood work confirmed she was in kidney failure. I took my poor baby girl in and let her rest at peace. My heart is broken yet once again so soon. I will feel a little better once I get her ashes back.


I had to go back to this wonderful (yes that's sarcasm) periodontist on Thursday because my gum was swollen in an area they worked on. And of course he told me (which he told me before) it was due to another bad tooth I have that is towards the back of my mouth. He, of course, wants me to immediately pull it and get another implant at the same time as my other one. I told him I'm waiting though as I cannot afford another implant along with this monstrosity of a bill I'm already working on. So hopefully it can last at least another year, knock on wood please. It's been bothering me for years so I think I can tough it out. I feel sick thinking about the money that's going into my mouth lately.


Yesterday I had my yearly mammogram. Fingers, toes, paws, whatever you have, crossed please for a normal result. I think if it comes back differently I'm going to start drinking!


The good thing about my two doctor appointments this week is that they were free. Of course the periodontist was just looking at it and calling in a free antibiotic, and my insurance covers the mammogram.


Tomorrow we will be Rosie-sitting again for about 2 weeks. I'm hoping that Lucas is an angel again like he was last time. And I'm also hoping Holly doesn't give me that look again like what are you doing to me, heehee. I'm just thinking how fun this will be with her barking at people at my work when they come into my office again. This time he is bringing a muzzle as he said he tried it on her once because of her barking. Don't know what else to do.


Well off to try and get all my housework and laundry done today so I can kind of relax tomorrow. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so sorry you had to lose Lily too. Not that it makes it any easier had you not just lost Patches, but that is a rough few months all the same. :( That must have made for a draining week with the doctor appointments on top of it.

    I always feel better when the ashes come back too. Relax this weekend. I need to clean too, but sometimes it is just better to let the mess stay. Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. It is emotionally draining, but you know that as well. I know she was ready but certainly doesn't it easier.
      Linda

      Delete