Friday, June 20, 2014

My Parents Are Going To Be The Death of Me!

Another week down! Good god, one more week and we're half way through the year already.

I've just had too much excitement last week which makes me think more that I really need to start drinking. Last Wednesday night about 11:00 my dad called my house and said my mom called the ambulance and she's on her way to the hospital. He said she was throwing up black stuff, which I knew was blood. So by 12:30a.m. I was down there picking up my dad and headed for the hospital. Of course my dad was all worked up and distraught. Once we got to the hospital and seen my mom, my dad felt better knowing that she was okay, as did I. To make a long story short, she was released on Saturday and they said she had a lot of ulcers in her stomach. She was always a worrier but not too much. More of a nagger all these years. But these last few years I've noticed she is more timid whereas before she never would be in certain situations. So now I know it has taken a toll on her health that way. We cleaned out all her junk food candy this weekend so she can't eat too much crap. Right now she doesn't know what she's supposed to be eating as she hasn't been to a follow up appoint with the gastroenterologist yet. She is on two more medications, one being for acid reflux so that should hopefully help heal her some. So I assume she should be on that kind of diet so I told her what to try to avoid eating. So for now she is feeling better although not 100%. I really need to try and convince them to move up by me. These kind of things will probably be happening more and more to them and it would be a lot easier for me to be closer.


Today was Take Your Dog to Work Day. Apparently my husbands job doesn't allow it. I told him to file a discrimination suit (haha). He had to put up with the kids on Take Your Child to Work Day. I ended up taking both Lucas and Holly to work today. Holly wasn't too bad. She's usually whiny and lays by the door. I guess since I had Lucas with me she was better. We were all ready to go home early though, that's for sure. We left about an hour early.





Next week they both get a non-anesthetic dental. They are way past due.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your poor mom! It will be a sad day for me when they take all my junk food away, but I do get what worrying does for your health. It does upset my stomach and/or raise my blood pressure. Can they manage to move closer?

    I love that you took both of them to work! I agree, your husband should complain. :)

    Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom totally can't control her chocolate habits. Can't just have one or two. So now she has none, lol.
      I certainly can help them move closer, but they are so resistant. They're living there just over 40 years now. Unfortunately there will come a time when they will have to, and it will just be easier if they do it sooner than later.

      Delete
    2. It would be nice to do it now more under their terms, but I can totally appreciate how stressful it would be to leave the house you lived in for 40 years!

      Delete