Sunday, August 17, 2014

Two Weeks in One Post

These weeks just seem to be flying by. I think the rest of the year is going to be like that.

Found a pigeon at my work the other week with an injured foot so I found a friend who took it in to care for it until it gets better to be released back out. Turns out he had more than an injured foot, he also had some kind of hole in his chest. She said he's on the mend. I don't know if it's a male but my husband named him Pete.






Last Saturday was a trip to the junkyard to find a gas tank for my car. The dealer wanted $900. Junkyard wanted $25. Wasn't too hard to choose. It was a hot one. What we didn't know, and it wasn't noted on their website, is that they punch holes in all the tanks to get the gas out. Unfortunately you can't repair a plastic one (which we needed). Fortunately when we went to say something about it to an employee, they just got in the same year vehicle and offered to take it off before they punched a hole in it. This place went above and beyond.





Had a visit from my Rosie girl and a new girl Kayla that was just turned in to rescue. It was great to see Rosie and she gave me loads of kisses which I never had like that before. Kayla was a real good girl too and gives small kisses. Rosie on the left, Kayla on the right.





I have a Facebook friend who does a personalized sculpture of your pet. Here's my two. These are ornaments but will be sitting on my shelf year-round. They're so cute.





Here's some of the kitties.
Pugsley lays on his daddy every night.
(see poor Holly sulking in the background)

Yes, I am changing their food over to 
a weight management as Pugsley has gained a few.

Gomez sitting with mommy on the computer.

Pugsley trying to wake up daddy while he's sleeping.

Gomez wants to know what's so interesting.

Holly and Lucas this morning. It's a scorcher out there!


I also finally had my post put in for my dental implant on Thursday.  They only thing I'm happy about is that it means it'll be closer to not having to go back to this dentist who irritates me so much. I know I still have many months left, but it's closer!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! This weekend went way too fast. I feel tired. Loved Pugsley trying to wake your husband up. Mine would be closer to my mouth, which I hate. Those two new additions have sure settled in.

    Nice score at the junk yard! That is above and beyond. I hope the bird makes it. Did she think it was a BB?

    Look at sweet Kayla! She looks like a happy one. :)

    On to another week. I hope yours goes well!

    ReplyDelete