Saturday, January 24, 2015

Healthy Heart

Hi all! Well the subject pretty much says it all. Holly had good results at her DCM screening. Everything came back normal. Yay! Normal! One simple word can cause such joy and relief. And she was such a good girl during the whole process. We got to stay for what they did, so she had her daddy with her all the time. It was a very long day. An 8 hour round trip drive. We were in and out of the hospital in about 45 minutes. Since we got done so fast we (or I should say I) decided to stop and visit my childhood bff who lives in Gainesville. We stayed and chatted for about an hour then got back on the road. We were gone about 12 hours. Here's a few pics.

Here we are first thing in the morning. Lucas came along because
we were going to be gone too long. He enjoyed the ride.

Holly after everything was done.

Holly and my childhood friend. She loves animals too.


Lucas had another recheck on his chest x-rays this morning. There was change in them (a little more white haze in them). Nothing significant, but obvious change. I had 2 options, recheck again in 2 months or do the BAL test. I chose to do the test which he will have done in 3 weeks. She said I could wait but I feel like I don't want it to get worse before it gets better. And even though there's a chance the results will come back showing nothing, I feel like it should be done at this point. He's getting up there in age and as much as I don't want him to be knocked out, I figured the younger the better. I was hoping it was at the point where it was just scarring showing up, but because there is a difference from the last one she feels it is something else going on. We can only hope for the best, and also hope that we get results from the test which will be easily treatable with medication.


Tomorrow the rescue guy is coming over so he can have my husband do some minor work on his minivan, new belts, oil change and such. He's bringing a couple dogs with him for potential homes. Fingers crossed he goes home with one or two less dogs. Just hope it won't be a long day tomorrow as I still have much to do around the house. Always seems like chaos when he comes, with the extra dog or two with him.


Well I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. Leaving you with a pic of the boys from the other night. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray on the test results! That is so exciting. And yes, I know exactly what you mean when you hear that word "normal."

    Hope all is well. :) Sam

    ReplyDelete