Saturday, November 23, 2013

Two Transports, One Failure

I hope everyone has had a great week, well last 2 weeks!  I just haven't been able to get on here and update on my ever so exciting life, lol!

Well last weekend I had offered to transport a dog about an hour away.  He was in our local shelter and a local rescue girl was going to take him but she couldn't for another week until she processed some adoptions so she got another rescue to take him in until then.  He is a 7 year old Rottie/Dobie mix, 110 lbs. named Jackson.  Definitely more Rottie.  Very handsome boy.  Very strong boy.  Well at the same time I was picking up Jackson at the shelter, another rescue was to bring me a Doberman to bring up to the same rescue.  This boys name is Munchie and he is 130 lbs.!  I've never had so much dog in my car at one time...and it will be the last time.  Long story short, Munchie's ride was an hour late and an adoption time for the rescue that I was meeting had been changed twice and the rescue guy couldn't meet me so I ended up bringing them to someone local until he could pick them up that evening.  What a mess that was!  Truthfully, I was glad I didn't have to drive an hour with these two big boys.  I had one in a kennel but he never calmed down the entire time.  They are both beautiful, but Munchie needs to loose a few pounds.  And of course Jackson has heartworms so he is being treated for it.



Today I offered to transport another dog.  I almost didn't because of what happened last weekend, but I figured I would give it a try.  This ride took about 3 hours total.  This transport went smooth and I'm happy I did it.  Her name is Emmy and she was saved from Miami Dade Animal Services (one of the worst shelters in Florida).  She's a 10 year old American Bulldog, has mammary tumors, an URI, and a skin issue (probably demodex).  She was a pleasant and quiet passenger.  When the vet tech came out to help me load her in my car (just in case she had an issue with lifting) he said she's a puller on the leash.  I almost laughed hysterically at him after having gone through the real puller last week.  She was a breeze to handle at about 40 lbs.

This is her picture at the shelter.

This is where I stopped to hand her off
to the next driver.
 
 
Well I'm off for the night. I'm tired.  Just in case if I don't get back on tomorrow, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!  

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! (and nice to see a senior get rescued). Those boys were huge though! I think just about every one that does foster transport has one, if not several horror stories...or at least interesting ones.

    Our doberman rescue is just slammed right now. It is killing me not to take one in, but the time is not remotely right.

    Have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete