Sunday, July 24, 2016

Final Post

I know it's been a long time since I posted. I wanted to make this the final one.

On Thursday, July 21st, I had to let my boy Lucas go. The couple weeks prior he was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and had fluid in his lungs. He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. After just over 2 weeks we finally got him stabilized. Five days later he didn't want to get up to walk. He's always had issues with his rear, with arthritis and whatever neurological issues he had with his right side. X-rays showed severe arthritis in his left hip and two fused discs in his lower back. He was a strong boy. Never showed no pain, but his body showed it to me. I couldn't let him suffer so I lost my heart that day. We adopted him November 6, 2004 from rescue.  I will be lost without him for awhile. My life revolved around him for almost 10 years. May he rest in peace and I pray I will see him again.

1 comment: