Sunday, March 1, 2015

Rare Sighting, Bandanas, and Oz

Another week gone. I had a cold and it finally started going away Tuesday. Feeling much better now. No matter what I take, it never seems to help what symptoms I  want it to help.

Went down to my parents yesterday. The last few times I went down I haven't been taking my dogs. This is a good thing for their cat Kitty Star. That means she gets to come out. Even though I've yet to have her warm up to me...after 4 years.






I had ordered some doggy bandanas for 2 rescues here in Florida. They come from a fellow blogger who has an Etsy Store. It's Cindy's Thread Craft. I would highly recommend you check out her items. She does beautiful work and has many options you can do. Both the rescues received their bandanas and they love them. They'll be using them at their adoption events. Here's a photo of one modeling the bandana when he received it.





I really need to get some red, sparkly shoes. This is the second kitty I've had the "house fall on".





Saved the worse for last. Friday, my first phone call at work was a hospital telling me that one of my owners was in the hospital and that I needed to find someone to bring his mom there because he was on life support.  Long story short, he needs to have his gall bladder removed but they can't do it yet as his heart is not strong enough. They inserted a drain in his gall bladder Friday to drain out the infection. They don't know how long that will take. They have a breathing tube in him because his lungs are not getting the air they need. Yesterday someone updated me and said the drain is still in and he also had a mild heart attack. He's hanging in there. I really didn't know what happened when they told me he was on life support. So many things went through my head. He was in a car accident. He overdosed on something. I didn't find out until his mom went to the hospital. Both my owners are addicts. This one has not done anything in a long time, but he did enough damage to his body where his health has always been shit. The other one is still a on again, off again crackhead (to put it nicely). I honestly couldn't believe it was him in the hospital. If you pray, please say one for him too. He's going to need it.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am always shocked when I don't notice something that major about people (like drug addiction). Especially hard drugs like that. It is amazing what people can hide. It sounds like he even tried to go clean! :( I am sorry, that is hard.

    I am so glad you ordered from Cindy. She does such nice stuff!

    Kitty Star is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started my job I was sucked into this world of addictions. Their dad was actually the owner when I started, and he was an alcoholic. A functioning one though. Then dad passed away and the two sons now own it. The one who's in the hospital used alcohol and drugs. He's been sober for a long time, but he has had some prescription meds like xanax since then. The other brother just can't stay away from crack. I refuse to put up with him after going through it so many times. A total dysfunctional family.

      Delete