Saturday, March 7, 2015

Results

Finally received the results back from Lucas' trans-tracheal wash. It came back normal. No signs of infection and no cancer cells. Yay! But we still need to keep an eye on him in case something comes back. They assume most of the whitish color is probably scarring from heartworms head had before he came into the rescue. I'm okay with that. He's kicking butt on a lot of things through his life and I always expect him to. We also had blood work done and a urinalysis. The blood work came back good but the urine came back with a lot of white blood cells and bacteria. So here we go with number whatever UTI. I had a culture & sensitivity test done on Wednesday so we can figure out which antibiotic to put him on. If I don't do it, I seem to waste my money on the wrong antibiotic.

My one owner of my job is still in the hospital. He's still on the breathing tube. I've been told by others he has not gotten worse. Whether or not he's getting better, I have no idea. I actually stopped by the hospital yesterday on my way home. He's awake but can't communicate. He was awake when I got there. I talked to him for about 30 seconds and I asked him if he was okay or if he wanted me to leave him alone. I figured he can't talk, he feels like shit, helpless, who knows, so I asked. He shook his head yes for me to leave, which was absolutely a relief because I had no idea what else to say. So hopefully next week he'll start showing some signs of improvement. I have no idea how long one can stay on a breathing tube and be awake. I would want none of that if it was me.

Someone share this link on Facebook last week. I just have to share. It's the story of ""the dog no one owned but everyone loved". It's a heartwarming story.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and beautiful story about Blackie!

    I hear you with your owner by the way. Especially when you are not close to a person, but somehow you have this relationship it is really hard sometimes to know what to say. I am glad you stopped by. That guy sounds like he is in a hard place.

    Ah Lucas. Good boy. Keep me posted on the UTI.

    This weekend went too fast...

    ReplyDelete