Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Little Quieter Week

Little Miss Patches ended up getting her enema.  She did poo some over last weekend but not enough. She wasn't very happy. She's still not back to normal but if I remember correctly, it took her a bit last year after she had it done too to get back to normal. I know her being 19yrs old isn't helping, and whenever she's quiet I get a sinking feeling in my stomach that the time might be coming soon. I know it's reality, I just don't want to face it. Please don't make me have to make that decision yet again.
 
 
Miss Holly is doing well. She seems to have a bit of a problem jumping off our bed, but that is the only activity that bothers her. She kind of slides off. I've been telling my husband for months I want to find a platform type bed since Lucas hasn't been sleeping with us, and now I'm really going to try and look for an inexpensive one. I think next time I go to my parents I'll go visit Ikea. I've heard they have a bunch of stuff.
 
Sleeping on the way to work.
 
Mr. Lucas hard at work.
 
 
I received my first item for the dog baskets that I ordered. It's a little small but it's really cute. I figured it is a doggy washcloth so it will be used on their dog so it can be small. What do you think? I plan on ordering a couple other things this weekend. The things I'm ordering online are more or less for the owner themselves, then I will go to the pet store and pick out some treats. I'm sure I'll think of other things to put in along the way.


If you have Directv, I noticed they will soon be having a new channel on August 1st.
I believe it's free for the first month if you sign up now, but then they charge after that if you don't cancel. Not really sure what they will be having on there. I almost thought of getting it but a lot of times we get storms during the summer and when we do the satellite freezes sometimes.  When it does that it makes a noise after it comes back on and it freaks Lucas out. As paranoid as he is I don't need him worse than he already is.

Well I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday. I'm off to start the usually house stuff. Fun!




2 comments:

  1. Ah, poor Patches. It is hard when the slow down or don't feel well isn't it?

    Humph. I wonder if it hurts her surgery recovery area? It hasn't been all that long. I suppose she could have some scar tissue forming in an odd place.

    I love your basket plan, expensive but fun. For dobermans (and cats) I like those "love gloves" for grooming too. I can't remember if they are expensive or not.

    My Saturday is off to a slow stuff, I know I have to be productive today. Sigh. At least with homework.

    Good point about the Satellite going on and off and making things worse for Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation of the love gloves. I checked and the cheapest I found was between $6 and $7. Have to see what the shipping would be. Not too bad. I'm only making 4 baskets so it wouldn't be that bad. Wish I could make more.

      Good luck getting your homework done! Better you than me :)

      Delete