Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Fall

Happy Fall! Okay, there, I said it.  This goes to everyone who actually gets to enjoy a fall where they live, unlike where I live, blah!  My mom has already decorated her house with fall decorations. I can't bring myself to put anything out yet because the minute I step outside it's still too hot outside.  I know, it should put me in the mood.  I do plan on breaking out the Halloween boxes next weekend.  I need to actually go through all my Halloween stuff because I'm trying to get some stuff together for a yard sale.  I don't have too much to sell so my mom will be bringing some stuff to sell too.  Not sure when this will happen, maybe in October sometime. 

Woke up wayyy to early today.  Lucas woke me up because he threw up, of course in the bedroom, the only room with carpet.  I made my husband get up to take both him and Holly outside while I cleaned it up.  He wasn't happy because he'd only been sleeping for 5 hours.  I told him not my problem.  At least he went back to bad after he came back in.  I do plan on hitting the bed early tonight.

My sister called today and told me she wanted to ask me something but she already knew that answer would be either I couldn't or I wouldn't.  I said if it entails flying the answer is no.  I told her if I quit my job and could get on a plane before then I'd go to London/Paris with her and my niece next June.  But I know that's not going to happen.  And even if I did get on a flight that long and go out of the country it wouldn't be to there (just in case I never flew again). 

Speaking of flying, I recently heard about some program they were doing, I believe in the Northeast, with autistic children.  It had to do with an airline having them come onto the plane as if they were boarding, and just get comfortable with it. They would go through the entire procedure like they were really boarding and going to take off (but didn't).  This made the children more comfortable with flying.  I really wish they would do something like this with adults.  I feel like if I could just know I could get that far and be okay, I'd go for it.  I keep hoping to hear of something like this.  One day.

Well back to work tomorrow.  My husband is taking 3 days off this week so he is really going to rub it in. 

Hope everyone has a great week!!

4 comments:

  1. I completely missed this post last weekend! Fear of flying is rough if you want to ever leave the country for sure. At least most of the US is ultimately drivable if you have enough time. I actually hate when people preface a conversation with me that they already know how I feel or what I am going to say. :) Although not wanting to fly is a little different than presuming a feeling.

    I hope you decorate this weekend. It is pouring rain. Absolutely pouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did decorate today, but still not in the mood. :)
      Sorry you're having crappy weather!

      Delete
    2. We decided not to. Will post soon.

      Delete