Saturday, September 21, 2013

Uh Oh and Cheese Time!

Another week down. Hope it was a good one for everyone!

Mr. Lucas had a non-anesthetic dental on Wednesday. I'm pretty diligent about doing his every 6 months as he has bad gums and teeth. But since he injured his neck in December I haven't done it since last year. I finally decided to do it after being reassured that they would be careful with him and if they couldn't do it easily, they wouldn't.  They called me when they were done and said he did perfect. They didn't push his neck up in any way. They took their time, which took them longer to do. I'm glad it went well because I was really nervous to get it done but glad he did well. 

While I was there dropping Lucas off at the vet, they had a couple of 5 month old kittens up for adoption. To me they look older than that but it's been so long since I had a youngin'.  When Lucas went up to the cage they both came up to him to check him out. Come to find out they both like dogs. Fast forward, my husband picked up Lucas on the way home that afternoon and mentioned the cats too. Said he was playing with them.  Sooo, I told him that if they're not adopted by the 28th that we'll more than likely have 2 new additions to the family.  I really wasn't looking to adopt any more cats right now.  It all depends on after speaking to my vet too.  They were tested for feline leukemia but not FIV.  And I need to see what else I'd need to test for before I brought them into my home as my 2 cats now do not have any shots except for their rabies because of their age and health.  I'm not putting them in jeopardy with a newby.  I will see what the vet says. I have an appointment next Saturday with Holly's check-up so then I can see how she is with them too.  The rescue told me they play with other cats in their playroom, and they sent me a video of one of them with one of the foster dogs.  She was so good with the dog.  They both seemed very, very sweet and mellow.  I hate to say it but I'm excited yet nervous.  I can only hope they are both adopted by the time I get in there next weekend. Here's a picture of Minerva and Fiona.
 
 
 
Hubby was giving some leftover cheese to the three piggy's.
 
 
 
 
I finally finished my gift bags this past week and put them together.

 
 
 
Found a free app for an easy way to get all my kids on one picture. Now this might be changing next week. :)


Have a great Saturday everyone!
 

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for your two more cat potential! Look at it this way...it could have been two more dobermans. Ha! Really interesting coloring on those two as well.

    I am glad Lucas dental went well. I didn't even think about the neck issue with that...but think about how they torque on us!

    Your gift bags look wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not more Dobermans. I can handle more cats though. :)

      Delete