Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mom Shirt, Pretty in Pink, and Leroy

Well I hope everyone had a good week last week! It was hard to get through a full week again after some short weeks.

A friend had posted a picture of someone selling some t-shirts on Facebook and I just had to order one. I received it this week and can't wait to wear it next week!


There was a fundraiser this past week for a Doberman who has had quite a few surgeries and currently has a feeding tube. She was diagnosed with severe ulcerative esophagitis and ileus. Her name is Georgia and she is actually the sister of Rosie, the Doberman puppy we had the pleasure of puppy-sitting in June. I received a beautiful pink leash for Holly that a supporter made for the fundraiser. I'm waiting to order her a new harness like Lucas', but of course in pink.



Yesterday we went down to my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday. Her birthday is the 17th. We made another trip to Ikea first because I wanted to get another bookcase and a few shelves for the wall. Then we went to eat at Ruby Tuesday's.  On the way home I went to meet up with an old friend as I haven't seen her in about 4 1/2 years. It was nice. We went out to eat then spent time chatting at her house.  She's had a rough time with some of the men in her life.  The only thing I can do for her is listen as she is the only one who can move forward, as I told her.  She tends to hold on to the past for way too long.  I did meet one man in her life, her boy Leroy. He is such a great boy and seems like such a love.  Told her next time I will bring Holly down for a play date. Hopefully Holly won't be a chicken.
 
 
Well I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!  Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. That pink is beautiful! :) It was nice to see you in that shirt. So Georgia is super young with all those health problems? That is too bad. I had to look Ileus up. Is this something she was born with?

    Leroy looks like a good steady. :) Such a blessing that dogs can be that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia used to eat a lot of stones, but I believe she was born with something too, if memory serves me right. I'd have to go back and check. She sure is going through a lot.

      Leroy is such a love.

      Delete