Sunday, September 29, 2013

No New Ones and Decoration Time

Hope everyone had a great week, and weekend!

Well we decided not to adopt Fiona and Minerva, the two kitties at our vets office.  The second I seen them I was saying "they will definitely be coming home with me next week". Over the week I had time to think about it and how it would affect my two cats. In the meantime my husband was okay with getting them both.  We both went to the vet yesterday with both the dogs (Lucas was just along for the ride). We brought Lucas so we could see how he got along with the kitties if they were still there.  Well while we were waiting for a room, the rescue came and took the kitties to an adoption event.  I discussed it with my vet about what I would need to test for before they came home if I did adopt them.  I needed to plan how much money also because basically we would have to pay for these tests before we even adopted them to make sure they didn't have anything contagious.  Plus I didn't even know if the rescue would go for that or not.  Then we discussed how my two cats would do.  Her (as well as our) main concern was stressing out Patches, our diabetic and hyperthyroid senior.  Lily, I'm sure, would be fine with other cats.  She always got along with others.  Patches gets stressed and pissed off and likes to (I guess you could say) scream at other cats.  So we left to finish thinking about it.  My husband still was okay with adopting them, but I didn't want to stress out Patches.  So we're back at our original plan and waiting until they are both gone, then starting over.  I hope that doesn't sound horrible.  They are 18 and 19 years old and I believe they both need to finish living out their lives in peace.  I will have more cats again, just not right now.  I feel bad for Fiona and Minerva, but they are truly great cats that get along with both cats and dogs and I know they'll make a great addition to someone else's family.

Started going through some boxes yesterday to find stuff for a yard sale.  My mom is having one next Saturday and I'm going down with little Miss Holly.  Holly will be the spokesdog this year to collect funds for the rescue where we adopted her from.  Lucas had that pleasure last year.  I finally got around to my Halloween stuff.  Here's a couple of pictures of some of the stuff I put out.




Now time to get off the computer and finish the dog rope toys for the shelter that I've been putting off forever!  Hope everyone has a great week!  And Happy October this week!!

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion, not taking in the cats for the benefit of your senior cats makes perfect sense. I had a cat that didn't like other cats. I ended up taking in 2 cats in her lifetime and I know it wasn't ideal for her at all. I do think it made her senior years harder too.

    You really go all out in the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they were younger it wouldn't be so bad but because they are older and the one that would have the hardest time accepting more kitties has all the health problems, I just don't want to disrupt that as it could change her problems.

      I love Halloween! Just wish I had trick-or-treaters or I'd have a lot of outside stuff.

      Delete