Saturday, September 1, 2012

Old photos

My grandmother passed away in 2005 at the age of 103. A couple years ago I ended up with a box of old family photos. I know it isn't all our family photos, but I was happy to see the ones I had. I passed them around to other relatives to see if they wanted any of them. I don't have children, and most of my cousins do have them so I thought they would want some of them for their children. They took some of them, but not very many at all which surprised me. Even my sister, but she never seemed to have an interest in this kind of thing. If I had children I would want them to know their past, and have a piece of it. But that's just me.

I'm trying motivate myself to go through them and find some people in them, or donate some of them. Some of the pictures go back to the 1930's from the St. Petersburg, Florida area where my grandmother vacationed from Pennsylvania. I was going to see if the Historical Society in St. Petersburg would like some of the pictures. I would love for people to have them that want them. Not that I don't want them, I just have no one to leave them to if anything happens.

One photo I found is of my grandmother and two other gentleman. It is labeled of a Christmas program and one of the gentleman's names. I actually found the name on Facebook with the area where she used to live, so I sent a copy of the photo through a message. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard back. I have a feeling this is going to be harder than I thought. I tried to find relatives of the man, but I don't think they have children. Hopefully I'll get a reply back soon. Here's a copy of the photo.



I love looking at old pictures. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the rest of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I am loving going through your blog and getting to know you and your pups. Thanks for visiting mine.

    I hope you get to track down the other gentleman. I would assume it would be a relative of his?

    ReplyDelete