Monday, September 3, 2012

Holly growing up with Lucas

My husband was recently talking to me about how Holly has gotten more mellow as she's grown. I'm not so sure sometimes, as just a few minutes ago she was bouncing off the walls barking because the neighbor was outside walking their dog. This is the dog who lives next door that she seems to hate through the fence, but I'm sure she'd like once they met outside the fence. I call the neighbors dog Lucas' girlfriend (her real name is Cocoa), as he always enjoyed meeting up at the fence. That is, until Holly came along.

All these thoughts of growing up and getting calmer (ha!) got me looking at their pictures that I've taken since we adopted her in March 2011. I can't believe she's almost 2 years old! I wanted to share some, and I'm sorry if you think there are a lot, but I could actually post many, many more as I love them all. Hope you enjoy, and I hope you're enjoying your Labor Day!

 
The night we brought Holly home
 
I miss this little one and can't believe how she's grown.
 
She made old Lucas play





 
This is the rescue we got Holly and Lucas from. We
call him Uncle Gary. The guy in the orange shirt is
Lucas and Holly's dad.



 
This is typical Holly being very upset when Lucas has
a toy and she doesn't. EVERYTHING is Holly's. And
they have at least a minimum of 8 toys laying around,
but she wants that one!

 
This is at my mother-in-law's retirement party at our
house. My dogs are included in everything at our house.

 
This is at my parents house on Father's Day. The dads
got a t-shirt from the dogs.

 
Holly just loves being next to big brother Lucas


Our first Christmas together. Our local shelter
has this every year, and I'm looking forward
to this year again.
 
 
 These are all my in-laws, with Lucas and Holly's
dad sitting next to them.


 




 
Of course Holly tries to get the front seat every time.
 
 
 Lucas and Holly in their summer attire. Saw some ties on the
internet that I thought were cute. I sent them a question
and they never responded. So my mom having a
sewing machine, she made some for them for all the seasons.




2 comments:

  1. I actually think male dobermans are born deferring to the female dobermans. :) It doesn't surprise me at all she is in charge of all the toys. They are SO cute together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard that red females are very bossy, don't know if it's true. I had a blue female who passed in 2006 and she was nothing like Holly. Holly is my little clown and makes me smile and laugh every day

      Delete