Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lucas & Holly's Visitor

The rescue stopped by on his way home after he picked up another Doberman yesterday. This girls name is Sasha. She's about a year old. She's a youngin' and accidentally broke her 67 yr. old moms hip. I guess her mom broke it before (not by Sasha though) and realized that she couldn't handle a young dog. All I know is if I was up there in age I wouldn't be getting a pup (at least not a large breed dog), I'd be getting an elderly dog. She's a sweet, sweet girl, and also the first rescue in awhile that hasn't snapped at Lucas because he's pissed them off.

Here's a few pictures of her visit. I think she'll be adopted pretty quickly.


Lucas is on the right, and he thinks he's a little tough guy.
 
 
 Sasha wanting to play with Holly. At first Holly didn't want to play,
but Sasha got her playing.


She's a real pretty girl and I think she'll be quite large.


This is Uncle Gary, the man who owns the rescue. He's
one to be sitting down with the dogs, than standing up with the people.
I can understand and relate.

3 comments:

  1. I do think a lot about owning large dogs as I age. I totally laughed at Holly blowing her off. I have seen that behavior before. :)

    We have some great dogs coming through rescue out here, but I won't do a second dog again for probably awhile. Definitely need a job and a new house first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly wanted in the house, but I made her stay outside. She then started to play. I think she's turning into a grump like her brother Lucas.

      You know there will always be a dog available through rescue when you're ready. Just might take you a bit to find the right fit.

      Delete