Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cats, Decorations and Trees

First, Patches wanted to say "Hello"


And I bet you thought I was going to say the cat went up the tree!  Thankfully mine are old enough where they've lost interest in the tree.  It's been a long time since any of them went to mess with it.  They've only ever wanted to lay under the tree, of course on top of the presents which they end up ripping with their claws.

Finally started to put the rest of our decorations out today.  Figured I'd better do it today because it's not going to happen next weekend.  I like to try and make some homemade decorations every year, at least when they are easy enough for me to make.  Here's a couple of them.  The first one is a spray painted red wooden basket with spray painted gold pinecones.  I put little decorations on the outside of the basket too.  I made this one a few years ago.  Simple enough for me.  The second one is a spray painted wine bottle rolled in some epsom salt with some flower decorations I bought at Michaels on sale.  When I make my homemade decorations, I also make one for each of our family members and a few of our friends.  Of course I find all these ideas online.  I'm not that crafty!



Went and got our tree yesterday too.  It's not decorated yet.  I doubt it will get decorated today.  It will be the hubby's job to complete.  I have lost all interest in doing any more decorating at this point in time.  Here's the before picture.  Whenever it gets decorated, I'll post an after picture.
 
 
Bought some mulch yesterday for some plants and a couple trees we have.  I'm pretending I have a green thumb.  At least the mulch looks good around my bare trees.  And they're bare because I don't take care of them and water them.  Thankfully we had some rain this past week where a few leaves have popped up.  Maybe one day they will look like Hibiscus trees...hahahaha!
 
 
A little update on Lucas' lump.  It only went down a little from yesterday, but he is feeling much better and pretty much back to his normal self.  Hope it keeps going down.
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Enjoy your day!


2 comments:

  1. I totally laughed that you have lost all interest in decorating. That is about how it goes for me. I have only ever done one tree actually.

    I am glad Lucas is feeling better! I would imagine you have more of a tick and mosquito issue than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess when it's warmer out too it really doesn't put me in the spirit of decorating.

      We don't say that 't' word around here. I've only had 2 problems with them, and I've wanted to burn my house down when I did. Those nasty little creatures. The heartworm preventative takes care of the mosquitos. Not really sure what got him.

      Delete