Sunday, December 23, 2012

No Transport

So the transport I was supposed to help with yesterday was canceled.  She called me early Saturday morning and said the dog had not been neutered yet, so that needs to be done first.  Told her I would help out next Saturday if they plan on doing it then.  That was a bummer as I was excited that a dog would get a home for the holiday.

Then today when I went down to see my mom, sister and niece, I was supposed to meet up with a girl who was turning in her Doberman to rescue.  I was going to help transport back up to my area then meet with the rescue about half way.  I talked to the girl Friday night and she was adamant about getting this done.  She said I was a lot closer to where the meet-up was than to where the rescue wanted to meet her.  I guess the dog was a stray.  I don't know the entire story.  Anyway, texted and called her twice while I was in the meet-up area, never heard from her.  I don't know why people aren't considerate enough to at least call.  I asked her to call me if her plans changed.  So this was strike two for transporting a dog.  Maybe I'm a jinx, hmmm.  I've never done one before and was really looking forward to helping out.  I don't get the chance to so it was nice to be able to offer my assistance.  Now I'm bummed.

Spent the day at the mall.  It wasn't as bad as I expected.  I wasn't shopping, only along for the ride to hang out with my sister, niece and mom.  I did buy one thing, and the darn thing wasn't even on sale.  So much for sales two days before Christmas! 

Tomorrow afternoon my in-laws will be making their way to our house for dinner.  Breathe in, breathe out.  I'm just wondering how long it will take my husband to tell me that I'm being an a*****e.  We seem to clash when he has these functions at our house.  Not when everyone is here, but beforehand, while we're getting ready.  Breathe in, breathe out.

Well I'm sure I won't get on here tomorrow, so I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute photo!

    I have done one transport at this point. It was Rusty. He got sick in the car, I drove him 4 hours, and then on the drive home was already getting calls that it wasn't going to work. :) He was meant to my dog as it would turn out.

    I get REALLY frustrated about a lack of consideration for time. That isn't far to you, and I worry about what happened in the end to the dog.

    Good luck with the family function! That doesn't sound worth the stress...LOL. I will kind of be winging it, me and the pets, but that is OK.

    Have a great holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, you ended up keeping Rusty? Now I don't think I'd go that far at this time in my life. I'd be taking them back to the rescue. I also hope this owner does get back in touch with the rescue. I'll have to ask him later in the week. I felt really bad for the dog in the first place being turned in, but I wasn't really trying to think about it. I was thinking it would find a better home.

      Trust me. If it was up to me it would be just me and my pets too! I did that one year, I faked a migraine just to be home in the peace and quiet on Christmas Eve (that was when we had to go to the in-laws). I know, I know that's terrible. I'm just used to small, quiet holidays.

      You can always come visit me :) But then you wouldn't enjoy that wonderful cold air you're having!

      Hope you have a great one too!!

      Delete
    2. Yup. Rusty ended out his life with me. :) Wasn't my plan at all, in the end it was probably the best option. I hadn't done well losing my first doberman Odin, and Rusty reminded me I could love a dog again. I realized pretty quickly that I was end of the line for him and decided to commit to it. It was hard however. And similar to you, now especially is not the time for another dog. Transporting him was rewarding but heartbreaking. Where I got him from wasn't remotely ideal and knowing within a couple of hours that he wasn't going to work at his foster home and he had no where else to go was hard.

      It is VERY cold out here tonight. :) I hope the family stuff went well.

      Delete
    3. I survived :) And it's darn warm here.

      Delete