Saturday, May 17, 2014

Back to Normal

Well last Saturday our little visitor Rosie went home to her daddy.  I'd have to say it's been quite quiet and dull around here this week since she's been gone. At first Holly was sleeping a lot for the first day and a half and I thought she might have been sad or depressed that her new friend was gone, but I believe she was actually catching up on her rest because she's back to her old self now. She's not used to playing from the time her eyes open until they close. Everyone was great together and they all had a lot of fun! Lucas almost pranced up to Rosie to play with her once like he does to Holly when he's perky, but then he realized who it was and stopped. He was such a good boy. I think he might have actually felt left out a little as Holly paid no attention to him like she did, so I think he was happy once Rosie went home. I do have to say we miss Rosie. Here's a few more pics of her visit.
Holly and Rosie playing non-stop
 Rosie always with a tennis ball in her mouth.
 Treat time.
 Calm before the storm.

I ordered Holly a new collar a few weeks ago. It's from a Facebook friend who makes them. I usually don't order stuff like this (especially since she wears a harness) but I just loved the flowers and paw prints and the overall color of it. I think it looks great on her.



I actually started cleaning the house early today and vacuumed and washed the floors which I haven't washed in awhile and it really needed it. Still need to do a little bit of dusting in one room. I wanted to get everything done this weekend as I'd like to limit my cleaning next weekend on the 3 days off and maybe enjoy it a little. Might go down to visit my parents on Saturday if I feel like it just to get out of the house for a bit.

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. How was Rosie's stranger danger this time around? It is funny that you guys will miss her. My house guest Holly has me pooped. She has been a good dog but it will be nice to have her go home and get back on my routine. The cats will especially be thrilled. I am in the same cleaning-mode, but nothing happened this weekend. Oops! Have a great week! Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie was no better with strangers. Tried a muzzle this time, only muffled her bark some. Think I'll try a citrus collar next time if I remember to get it before she comes. We do miss her because they really got along so well and Holly had someone to play with, but I am so glad to be back in our routine now. It really puts a funk in your habits. Guess it would be different if they were permanent residents. :) Have a great one too!
      Linda

      Delete
    2. I agree, if the guests never left, the routine would change but while they are guests it is more of a disruption than anything. Regardless of how cute they are. :) Sam

      Delete