Monday, May 26, 2014

So Many Dogs and Cats, So Little Time

Boy has it been a busy weekend. Saturday morning the rescue guy came by so my husband could put a new alternator in his van. Some things my husband can do, so he does it to save him money. He brought with him Sandy and of course his little Rosie. Before he left we washed both the dogs as they both stunk.
Here's Sandy
 Here's Rosie

I hid Rosie from him before he left so she could have a sleepover as we were going to see Gary the next day at a friends house. Actually, he was more than happy to let her stay. For some reason Holly wasn't in a good mood the rest of the day. Not sure if it was because Sandy annoyed her. The next morning she was playing with Rosie.
Here's Rosie with a ball of course.


On Sunday I woke up way too early and met a friend who feeds a feral cat colony at a mall. I donate food to them and try to collect also, so she wanted me to see what they do. It took 3 hours. It was quite an experience. Some of them broke my heart. Here's a few pics. I didn't take more so I could help her.






Lucas' foster mom and dad invited us over for dinner on Sunday. I didn't realize they were actually 2 hours away. For some reason I thought it was an hour. Ride over wasn't bad, coming home my butt was dragging. I finally got to meet their 3 Dobermans and 1 cat. Seeing pics all the time, it was great to meet them. They were all so very calm, and loving. I just couldn't believe there were 3 Dobermans. I'm kind of embarrassed with my 2 when they come over now, lol.

Here's Rocky. I believe he's about 9 years old. The sweetest boy.





This is Tess. She reminds me so much of my Holly girl. I guess it's the way she looks with her longer snout, and kind of her personality too. She also is an all natural girl like Holly.




This is Juliette. She is such a beautiful girl, and so sweet too.


Here is their cat Oscar. They call him the king as he is the one who decides which Dobermans come into their lives. He's the kitty tester I guess you can say. She said he's about 14 years old. Very sweet guy. He let me hold him for about 2 minutes then he wanted down. As you can see in the picture he is a total momma's boy.





All is quiet right now. The dogs are sleeping and my husband went over to a friends house.
Please remember, today is Memorial Day. A day to remember those who lost their lives to save ours.

1 comment:

  1. Darn! I lost my comment. I hate when that happens. Happy Memorial Day! I was just commenting that we have a lot of those feral colonies (more in the city areas) too. And they do bum me out. Honestly, how hard is it to fix your pet? If it makes you feel any better my single doberman home is pretty embarrassing. I love their cat though! I hope you had a good weekend! Sam

    ReplyDelete