Friday, February 22, 2013

Donations?

Awhile back I was supposed to help with a transport.  I was excited.  It was my first time helping with something like this.  It was a Doberman who was adopted and I was going to meet someone about an hour away to let them transport the rest of the way.  The morning I was going to pick up the dog, the rescue called me and told me he hadn't been neutered yet so the transport was delayed.  I told them I would be more than happy to do it when he was ready. 

About ten days passed and I hadn't heard anything so I sent them a message.  They said he was neutered and was going to get his stitches out, I believe in two days.  I told them I was still up for the transport, to contact me when ready.  Well two days came and went.  It must have been about another two weeks, then I seen a post on their page for help in transport of the dog again.  Unfortunately this was the week that my husband had his heart attack, so I didn't even respond to it.

Well last week they made a plea for donations to help with the increase of seniors they have in their care.  I offered cash that I have on hand.  They live out by me, about 15-20 minutes away.  I asked if we could meet up over last weekend so I could give them the cash, they said yes.  I gave them my phone number and asked them to call me, as they were sick the prior week and to let me know when they were feeling better.  I didn't hear from them.  I sent them a message on Monday and told them I would keep the money for them and to call me when I could meet up and give it to them.  Well I still haven't heard from them.

I know they are really great and take a lot of senior Dobermans in, so I really don't want to say anything about them...but what the heck?!  I thought they needed help?  I guess they don't need it immediately.  Me, I like to get things done right away when they are needed (maybe except housework).  I certainly won't spend this money or give it to another rescue as I would feel horrible, but how long do I keep it for until I give up?  I'm going to send them another message this week and tell them I'll stop by my bank and get a darn cashiers check if they want to sent me their address.  Not really sure what else to offer.  I thought with them being so close it would be as easy as 1,2,3...not.

No comments:

Post a Comment