Friday, October 26, 2012

No Tears Here

So I made it through the breast biopsy without shedding a tear. I didn't even shake like a leaf either. I guess I had my big girl panties on Wednesday morning.

Yes, I was really, really nervous when I got there, but once they set it in motion my nerves settled down some. Everyone was really reassuring and nice and made sure I was okay.

It took about 30 minutes between paperwork and waiting in a room. Then she took some more pictures (mammograms), and then we went back to where they do the procedure. The rest of the visit took about 3 hours, and that included about 20 minutes waiting for the doctor.

I am so relieved it didn't really hurt. Funny, you'd think I would be worried about it being cancer but I was more worried about the biopsy hurting. The needle was just a little prick and sting. I had 2 biopsies done, and the second needle bothered me more than the first one. I assume because of where it was located, more towards my underarm. While he was taking the biopsy, to me it felt like little electrical zaps. Not really painful, just like a zap feeling. At least that's how I'd describe it. I was so relieved once it was over.

They didn't tell me that I shouldn't go to work after that ahead of time, but I still had to go to work. They had to put an ice pack in my bra and put a wrap around me, so I was really extra lumpy. I'm a one person office, so I really didn't care, and if anyone saw me, I really didn't care either. You also can't lift or anything for about 2 days, or at least you shouldn't, so it doesn't bleed. So I had to enlist the help of someone to lift a few things as I do warehouse work too.

I had to sleep with the wrap on that night, took it off the next morning. When I lifted my arm out I could feel some pain, but not much. When they did the biopsy, I had to lay flat on a table. I had to lay on that table for about 2 hours, and had to pretty much be still the entire time. Well ever since Thursday, almost every single piece of my torse hurts. My husband tapped me on the shoulder and I almost screamed. It's almost like a sunburned feeling. I'm not sure if it's all my muscles because of the way I was laying still for so long or what.

I go back to the breast surgeon this coming Wednesday for the results. Hoping that will be the end.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I hope the results are clear on Wednesday. Good for you for getting through it.

    ReplyDelete