Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dog Shopping

No, I haven't been shopping for another dog. Although I've been tempted at a little girl that needs a home, I believe my limit is 2 for now.

I like to find things that are made by people, and that also maybe support rescues is a bonus. I found these "snoods" on a Facebook group that supports a rescue in Michigan. She makes them herself. And even though it doesn't really get cold down here in South Florida, their ears do get a little cold once in awhile and these can be pulled up over their ears. I thought they were cute.

Lucas didn't mind his. I love green on him. Holly's is pink, but the picture didn't come out too well. She eventually tried to chew on hers. She is my little mischief girl. She's trying to figure out what Lucas is wearing in this picture. She was probably mad because she has a habit of side swiping Lucas and biting him on the neck, and this prevented her from that.

 
 
 
 This is from this morning. Lucas never lets me take
his picture from the front. He won't leave my side.


Holly is watching the neighbors yard. Her enemy
lives there. Her enemy is, as I call, Lucas' girlfriend
Miss Cocoa. Cocoa is a good little dog, not sure what
breed she is. They also have a beagle named Sammy.


2 comments:

  1. One of my boys would wear my bandana with bug spray on it when the horse flies were really bad.

    I keep an eye on rescue myself, but right now I don't even want to go beyond one again. It will be awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worse part is, the rescue where I adopted my 2 from will stop by on his way home once in awhile and he always has one of his own dogs along with one he has picked up for adoption. There was one girl last year that Holly really liked and Lucas ignored (which was a perfect match) but it wasn't a right time for us. She did get adopted. I still kick myself for not adopting her as she's the only one so far that seemed to be another fit. But I still feel like 2 is my limit.

      Delete