Saturday, October 6, 2012

Yard Sale = Donations

Today my mom had a yard sale so I headed down with Lucas in tow at 5:15a.m., way too early. My mom had made a sign for me so Lucas (okay, me) could collect donations for the rescue where he came from. Being a yard sale and all, I really wasn't expecting but to collect maybe $5-10. We actually collected $23. I was very happy. There were a few people who owned Dobermans (previously) who looked like we brought up happy/sad memories. Some people wanted kisses from Lucas, but Lucas is such a momma's boy that his daddy is lucky if he gets any kisses. He loves being pet though, and he would lean against the people, just like a Doberman. I think he was sick of people by the end of the afternoon.

I felt bad I didn't bring Holly, but since my hubby didn't come it would have been too much for me with the both of them and trying to help my mom. It gave Lucas a break with his momma, plus it's so great to see Holly get so excited to see her brother when we get home. Like he's been gone a million years.

Here's a picture of Lucas with his Grandma with the sign she made with a little collection jar. It's a dog cookie jar I picked up at the Salvation Army which will be going to my sister as a Christmas present (good thing she doesn't read this).



No comments:

Post a Comment