Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lucas' Neurologist Visit

We had our visit on Friday with the Neurologist.  Guess I really shouldn't go to doctors by myself anymore. I start spacing out when they talk. Especially when they're running an hour behind.  My appointment was at 9, it was supposed to be an hour appointment.  I didn't get to work until about 11:40, which the place is only about 15 minutes away.

In a nutshell, not sure what route we're doing yet. Even though his X-rays show the 2 pinched discs, those could have been there all along (this from the Neurologist mouth). He does have vertigo, seems to have have bells palsy too. They basically want to do possibly 3, yes I said 3, MRI's. First one being of the brain, then the neck, and if need be the spine. They wanted to check for wobblers and spinal cancer and to check all the nerves (reason for the MRI's). I've had an MRI done before on one of my previous dogs about 7 years ago and I know they are costly. They said it would be done under one anesthesia. I asked them if I didn't want to go (or afford) the MRI route what other choice do I have. They said they would just guess and treat what they suspect it is, which is our luck most of the time any way.

So as of right now he goes back next Friday for another evaluation because they said the diazepam might have affected the evaluation, which of course no one told me not to give it to him so now I have to waste money again! They also gave me gabapentin for him to try. He seems to be doing fine on the gabapentin.

Oh, and also he has some sort of urinary infection going on right now.  I took him to his regular vet on Monday as he's had a leaky faucet for about 10 days prior.  I knew it was incontinence, but it could have been caused by infection, stress, spinal injury, and some other things.  I thought for sure it would have been related to his neck injury, but they did a urinalysis and he does have an infection.  So he's also on antibiotics too.  It seems to have finally let up some on the leaky faucet just the last 2 days, so hopefully it is clearing up.  We go back there for a check up Saturday. 

So that's where we're at right now. 


Lucas wondering when we're leaving the Neurologist office.
 
 

Lucas gave up wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment