Friday, March 8, 2013

Shopping and Donating

Tomorrow my parents are coming up for a visit so I enlisted my mother into going clothes shopping with me.  I need to spend my Kohls gift cards I received for Christmas, and I really need some new shirts.  I loathe going shopping, trying things on.  I can try on 30 shirts and maybe buy 2 or 3.  At least I know my mom won't get annoyed and ask me how much longer like my husband did the last time he went with me. 



A couple weeks ago I posted about a rescue who asked for donations who I could never meet up with to give the donation to.  Well I gave them one more chance and I finally met her last weekend.  I got to meet all 20 of her Dobermans too.  They were all great dogs.  She had a couple that were bite dogs that she was working with, one girl who came out who we just ignored and gave a cookie too.  She didn't act nervous or anything.  She had another boy who liked to hold your arm in his mouth.  It was the funniest thing.  He didn't clench down or anything.  She had the Dobermans all pretty much paired up in different bedrooms.  There were either 2 or 3 Dobermans per room.  Only 1 was by herself, the one bite girl.  Most of them are seniors, 10+ years old.  She had a 5 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old, and they were the young ones for sure. 

The rescue is actually located on a farm.  She has 2 horses of her own, plus she boards horses for the season (polo), and she also rescues horses.  We met the horses too, but they kind of freak me out because they are so huge.  I love horses, I just don't know how they think.  When I went to pet one of them on the nose, he lifted his head and I kind of was nervous because I always think they're going to nip or something.  She said they do that because of the way I'm standing and petting, by bringing my hand in front of them, they can't see me with their eyes on the side of their head so they raise their head to look.  Makes sense, and now I know.  But they still make me nervous.  Very beautiful animals.



Now I'm off to catch up on a few shows before I'm off to bed.  Gotta get up early.  Will update on Lucas' appointment tomorrow.  Have a nice night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment