Saturday, June 22, 2013

Still Sitting

We're still puppy sitting little Miss Rosie.  I'm not really sure when her daddy is coming back.  I think on Monday.  My husband told him we were moving this weekend so he couldn't find us and take her back.  She is the cutest little stinker.  She's almost like a mini-Holly.  I laugh at Holly because she is getting a dose of her own medicine.  Rosie just loves to play, play, play.  And yes, Lucas is being an ass (excuse me).  For a few months now he's had some food guarding issues.  I usually get him to work through it with Holly, but Rosie is so full of energy and Lucas won't have none of that.  Also when she runs up to him all excited (which is 99% of the time) he growls at her.  It took him until Thursday, and he started getting a little better with her.  Today he even seems better yet tolerating her.  She just has so much energy and Mr. Lucas is a grumpy butt.  I think he's finally allowing Rosie into their pack. 

The only thing I'm NOT excited about is that she isn't potty trained.  Now she stays in her crate all night and she doesn't potty, but she doesn't know how to ask to go outside or seem to distinguish sometimes that she has to go outside rather than inside.  I've taken her to work this week too and she's only gone outside twice and four times inside my office.  I can take her for a walk, come back inside, and she'll pee right away.  I think I've gone through about 5 rolls of paper towels. 

Everyone is sleeping right at this moment and that's how I got on the computer for a bit.  I have a lot of pictures to load on my computer but that isn't going to happen until next weekend.  I will definitely post them though. 

I'm not even sure why I went to work this week.  All I did was play with Rosie half the time.  Didn't feel like doing actual work.  I'm sure going to miss her.  I do realize that I do not believe I really want a third dog.  And if I do decide to get one, I believe I would look into getting a medium sized dog, 35-45lbs., so that way they couldn't get bigger than Lucas.  He has issues with small dogs, like really small dogs, and he likes to piss of the bigger ones too.  I'm definitely not thinking about it any time soon.  I need to go back to my normal routine.

Friday was bring your dog to work day.  Did anyone bring their dog to work?

It's been a hot one this week.  Hope we get a little bit of rain this weekend or I'm going to have to remember to go out and water my plants.  My three latest ones are pretty much goners already.  Potted plants just don't last around here.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. I wondered how puppy time was going! I used to work at a job that just allowed dogs regularly. It was kind of nice actually. That is rough stuff dealing with a non-house trained dog in the office. I am guessing she is better at home and just out of sorts in a new place?

    Poor Lucas. :) I always say the senior dog is in the right. At least he didn't connect, just warned her. It is tough being an older dog and dealing with the babies.

    Don't forgot to water your plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Lucas will get back to some kind of normalcy next week. Forgot to mention that I had a re-check on his urine yesterday and also got blood work done again on him to make sure everything else is okay. Should have some results next week.

      I did water my plants yesterday, then it rained overnight and just rained for about 10 minutes this morning. Thanks for the reminder. :)

      Delete