Saturday, August 3, 2013

Baskets, Old Videos, and Doctors

Well I hope everyone had a great week! Why is it when you get older they just fly by so fast?!

I received two more items for my gift baskets. One is a keychain. I have one that I use and I love it, so I thought I'd share with the adopters (and with a little advice from The Quilting Doberman, thank you).
 
The other thing I order is a 1,000,000 Doberman bill. My husband bought me one a few years ago and I thought it would be a cute little gift. Kind of like hitting the lottery by adopting, is what I was going for. This is the front and the back.
 
 
I am ordering one more people thing, then I will start on the Doberman things like treats and other goodies.
 
 
We have a local Swip Swap page that someone advertised they transferred VHS onto DVD. I had some old videos from 1997-1998 that I dropped off to them last week. I picked them up Monday. It's great to be able to see what was on them. I had them labeled but it was still so long that I didn't remember. Most of them are with my sister and niece, as she was just a little baby.  I took some video while I was visiting them in Alaska, and now it even makes me want to move there more!  I wish I had actually taken some video of my first dog Jake.  I still have a few more to watch so I'm hopeful he might be on one of them.  I didn't use the video camera for very long. Not like now-a-days, just break out the good old phone and shoot some video.
 
 
Last year I was diagnosed with acid reflux. I've been to three different doctors but I still have a tightness in my throat that just will not go away.  I went to see a gastrowhat-ever doctor this week. He wants to do an upper endoscopy, which is what my last doctor had suggested for them to do (but I didn't mention it).  I was a big chicken with my breast needle biopsy last year, and this is just as bad if not worse because they will knock me out.  The only time I've ever been out was for my wisdom teeth and it was the worse feeling in the world.  Anyway...they scheduled it for this coming Thursday, of course I told them it all depended on what my copay will be.  I'm drowning in medical bills from everyone in my house right now and if it's something ridiculous it'll have to be saved for. I always put myself last though. I think that I use that as my excuse sometimes.  I'm going to try not to think about it because I'll just make myself a nervous wreck.  With my luck they won't find anything wrong and I'll have done this for nothing.
 
 
Well I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday. It's overcast here today thanks to the remnants of Dorian.  I like it like this though.  Now if it was just 30 degrees cooler.
 



2 comments:

  1. Good morning! A friend of mine has to do the endoscopy regularly. I know it is scary (especially the sedation) but he seems to come out of it OK. I am sorry about the medical bills. I live in fear of major illness. I finally invested in catastrophic insurance since I continue to be unemployed and uninsured, but the out of pocket will still be quite high so lets hope I never have to use it.

    It is 8am and Nim still won't get out of bed. :)

    Those bills are cute!

    I love that you are looking at old videos. I really hope Jake shows up on one. That would be precious for you. Have a great weekend. It is gray out here and I have homework. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister had one done and told me it was super easy for her with no problems. I'm just a big chicken. Always good to have some kind of insurance. We'll be paying off my husbands hospital bills for the next 6 years, and that includes already taking a good chunk of my savings. I refused to take any more so that's why we're making monthly payments.

      I wish Lucas and Holly slept until 8! How do you get so lucky? I finished watching my videos. No Jake. I did have my first 2 cats in them though. My dad will enjoy that, he misses them too.

      Hope you had a good day!!

      Delete