Friday, August 9, 2013

Upper Endoscopy - Check

I had the upper endoscopy done yesterday.  Now I know I worried over nothing.  It was absolutely the easiest procedure I have ever had done.  The only time I have ever been knocked out was for my wisdom teeth about 25 years ago and it was the worse feeling.  I was sick after too.  When I told the anesthesiologist yesterday, he told me times have changed and it is much better now.  I didn't feel the dizzy feeling this time when I was knocked out, thankfully.  It was one, two, then I was out like a light.  I'm not sure how long it took but I was in there for a total of half an hour before I walked out.  They said I could sit and wait awhile if I preferred.  I told them I preferred to leave because my husband could help me out anyway.  I was a little woozy but otherwise okay.  The only bad side effect was the bloat feeling because of the air in your stomach.  That only lasted for about an hour then went away.  I'm soooo glad it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I would actually get it done again if I had to, well except for the amount of copays, I had to pay for 4, yes 4, different bills.  A couple more of those and I'll be at my out of pocket deductible for the year.  The doctor did tell me he didn't see any erosion, he did see some redness, and he did take some biopsies.  I go back for a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks.  Fingers crossed it's just some sort of allergy I'm dealing with for the tightness.  Hopefully I'll have an answer in 2 weeks.


I had to take this cute picture of Lucas and Holly the other day.  They rarely lay this close together, so it's nice to get a picture of it when it happens. 
 
 
 
This is my newest find at the Salvation Army. The teeth are kind of weird but it still is kind of cute, I think. Instead of an candle on the top I was thinking of filling it with those little plastic spiders or something like that.
 
I hope everyone had a good week! Glad this one's come to an end as it was better than I thought it was going to be!

1 comment:

  1. I am getting caught up! I just want you to know that I loved the photo of Holly and Lucas.

    ReplyDelete