Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rocky, Gift Baskets, and Ikea

I really don't know where the time has gone.  This weekend flew by and I'd like the next one to come up real fast so I can get some more stuff done.

Last week I took Lucas to work one day and we had a visitor.  His name is Rocky, the Corgi. His dad works for our tenants and asked if I could watch him while he went to lunch with his wife.  Well, we ended up having him all afternoon until I left.  I thought I was going to have to take the little bugger home and bring him back.  Lucas was a very good boy.  At first he was leery because Rocky went underneath him and Lucas does not like that at all.  So I separated them for about 10 minutes until they calmed down and then they were fine the rest of the day.  Rocky is 9 years old but he sure doesn't act like it.  Here he is with Lucas.

 
 
 
Found a great toy at Pet Supermarket which was on sale for a good price for the gift baskets I'm working on. I had to go to 3 different Pet Supermarket's to get 4 of them, but I found them all.



I also ordered these paw print heart stones (which I have previously ordered for myself) from another rescue for the gift baskets. I try to order from places which benefit other rescues at the same time too. It's a win/win for all.
 
 
The hard part I'm having trouble with is what kind of treats. I was going to order from an online friend who makes cookies but they are rather expensive, and if I bought a less quantity and divided it up between the 4 baskets it wouldn't be very many treats for each dog.  I wanted to buy a bag of small treats (maybe training type size) and try to stay around $5-7.  I was looking at one bag that a friend bought my dogs, a good small bite size, about $5, but the expiration dates were expired so now I'm afraid to get that kind. I think I'll check at other pet stores and see what they have.
 
 
We went to Ikea for the first time on Saturday. I never knew a store could be so big and you don't know it when you walk in.  I was looking for a new bed frame, a lower one.  The one we had was high and I wanted to make it easier for the dogs to get up and down. You know, it's all about the dogs. We found a great one that we are both still getting used to.  Holly loves it.  Lucas, well I don't think he'll ever jump up on the bed again no matter how high it is.  He did go up once and my husband said when he jumped down his back legs buckled.  He thinks he was expecting a longer jump. Lucas is one that doesn't forget.  We also found a bookcase that I wanted for our bedroom, and hubby got a new computer desk.  In a few weeks I'd like to go back and get some floating shelves they had and also one more bookcase.  Hubby had a lot of assembling to do this weekend but he got it all done.  The hard part is to put everything in the bookcase and computer desk how you want it.  I was really surprised it all fit in my van.
 
 
 
I brought Holly to work one day last week too so I could get her nails trimmed.  Doesn't she look thrilled?
 
 
I finally ordered Lucas a harness which I received yesterday.  Now we just have to adjust it properly.  It's called the Sure Fit harness.  I wanted one to where he didn't have to step into it.  We'll see how this one goes.  If I can figure it out and it's easy enough to get on and off then I'll be buying one for Holly girl. 
 
Well I hope everyone has a great week! It's Tuesday already...three more days!!

2 comments:

  1. There you are! You have been busy. I laughed about the Corgi going underneath him. We have had that issue with Pugs. Dobermans have their limits!

    I don't love IKEA because I can't stand shopping. That being said, it is an amazing place with a lot of really affordable home solutions. I laughed about Lucas and the bed mostly because of their iron-trap memory of anything suspect.

    Your gift baskets are really coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucas does not like any dogs going under him. Of course those little ones just can't help it.

      Trust me, I hate shopping too. We were there about an hour and I told my husband he better start moving it because I didn't want to be there any more. I'm ok when I specifically know what I want, to grab and go, but to choose between so many, nah!

      Delete